Friday, November 5, 2010

I’ve pondered for the longest time about starting a blog, and although I came very close to it about a month ago I never got further than glancing at the policy agreement and Xing out of the page.
So here I am today doing that very thing that I didn’t have the balls to do a month ago.
My name is Alexa and I have a learning disability (dyslexic) Did I get your attention?! No I don’t want you to think or look at me differently nor is this blog about how I go about my daily life trying to figure things out...nope not this chicklet. This is about ME, so since the cat is outta the bag about me and how learning can sometimes be challenging, I shall say this just this one time.
My brain processes things differently. Anything that goes into my brain takes time to absorb, I suppose you could say it absorbs at a slower pace. No this does not mean I’ am slow; I’m perfectly capable of learning it’s just the way in which information is lodged into my brain that can be challenging. Brain brain brian...BRAIN, Brian?
This doesn’t necessarily mean that I have a hard time reading, nor does it mean that I get confused when looking at the alphabet (well sometimes I do) I’m just simply saying that I have a different way of learning, and that I see things differently. So I’m not the smartest book on the shelf, but I am smart in many other ways...this is what my mother tells me*grin. Some people do grow out of it, I haven’t fully.
Now that I’ve told you so much about me in my first blog ever I might as well tell you why I felt the need to share such things with readers of whom I may have never met before... what I write you may not fully understand, you see I’m terrible with broken sentences and run-on sentences...grammar was never my strong point, in fact I hated grammar...It was hard for me to understand, kind like math I don’t like math cause that too was hard for me to process . There you have it, I’m now feeling pretty vulnerable at this moment sitting here all alone *sigh.
Alright let’s get back to me and who I am... Alexa, I live in a small town in the Dehcho Region called Fort Simpson. I was raised here, and although I haven’t lived here my entire life I moved back home in December of 2009. Let me tell you being home has taken some adjustments don’t get wrong I wasn’t living in some big ass city I was living in Yellowknife a nice humble little city full of many eccentric fabulous people with many things to do. Soooooo moving back to Fort Simpson at the time was a decision made based on many things, some that exist to this day and others that no longer exist. At the time I didn’t expect any major changes but hey its life and you can’t predict what happens in life. In case you’re wondering I didn’t make any promises I couldn’t keep and I didn’t break anyone’s heart 
So here I am at living in a small town trying to make the best of it...some day’s are miserable and others are trying to hold my head up high and keep this smile from fading.
Take it easy
xo

FYI
Nordstrom is having their half yearly sale.....

4 comments:

  1. Yo Lex you're not the only one, maybe it's a family trait. The only way I know left from right is holding out my L hand. : ) PS some of us never learn right from left, but knowing the heart is way more solid. Keep on blogging! Love YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i suppose it would explain why many of us are so quarky...minus all that depression, no one likes depression or the mention of it, like it's the devil.
    Thanks for reading Julia, I'll keep you on the ups of what's going on in my world.
    love love love YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does not knowing your left from right equal dyslexia?
    Thanks for sharing Alexa. I've often thought over the past years that I would love to start a blog but never did...(didn't think I had anything worth saying I guess)until recently. I've found that it has awoken a part of my brain that I haven't used in years and has been really enjoyable. So...enjoy! I'll enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete