Friday, November 26, 2010

theres a first time for everything

First timer yoga anyone?!  Okay it wasn’t exactly my first time, I mean I had attended one noon hour session with a colleague of mine last year when I was living in YK.  But this was my first time at tackling yoga in Fort Simpson.   It was a first time for many people that choose to participate at last night’s session.  It was great to see so many faces...including my mom.  My mom was a little reserved when I told her about the 7pm yoga session for ladies, I was like “you should go, check it out you never know, you might like it” she nodded her head and said “it’s too late” than she said well it’s at 7? Yes Mom 7pm. 
To my surprise she showed up, this was awesome...maybe.  As we begin our FIRST TIME ever yoga session in Fort Simpson my mom who was right across from me would giggle and say such things like “oh my” “I can’t do that”  “holy” “my knees”  after 20 or so minutes of hearing this, I than did the unforgivable, I shushed my mom.  Hey its yoga okay, I’m there for peace and to relax my tired muscles. My mom on the other hand was having some difficulties, yoga is not easy,  with all the “bend here move there” its breathing and movement in a way that in time becomes a beautiful almost natural movement of the body.  I have to say she's a trooper for coming, although I’m not entirely sure she’ll be attending again.
I love you mom!!

1 comment:

  1. Keep bloging! You should aim for 4 posts a week!! Even if your only sharing a random thought... blog-blog-blog-blog!
    What are your weekend plans?

    ReplyDelete